Austin, Texas, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just build products - they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do. Joining the Caffè Macs team will give you the opportunity to craft inspiring meals that fuel the innovation within the company. As a Lead Cook you own creating and maintaining standard or specialty menus, and directing a team of cooks for a given station or project. This role works with their Kitchen Supervisor to plan, develop, and execute changing menus. They are responsible for the assisting in mentorship of other cooks at their station with the Kitchen Supervisor. We need creatives like you that have advanced knowledge of culinary methods and techniques and equipment. This position is on site in Austin, Texas.
- Experience planning and executing menus for high-volume service
- Requires advanced kitchen knowledge as well as knowledge of various kitchen equipment.
- Do you possess strong customer service skills?
- We need people who can be a key contributor for planning, development, and execution of changing menus
- You will use your judgement and expertise to decide appropriate food ordering, portioning, and production amounts
- Expansive - We work with and serve a diverse workforce
- Extraordinarily Service Oriented - showing high level of customer service is positively mandatory…We hire for attitude, train for skill
- Dynamic and agile - highly organized, ability to switch between locations and job duties
- WORKING CONDITIONS: this position will spend time sitting and standing, environmental exposure to cold, heat and water, lift up to 50 pounds, able to understand sanitation directions
We maintain and ensure utmost safety, sanitation, and presentable cleanliness for our stations, work area, and equipment used for preparation, including walk-in coolers and all storage area. You will set-up and break down stations and collaborate with Sous Chefs/Executive Chefs/other cooks on planning and development of daily changing weekly menus in adherence to seasonality, labor, and food cost guidelines. Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods. Train and develop line cooks and prep cooks at your station, while leading by example for other station cooks as well, when applicable. Understand how to properly use and maintain all equipment used. Guide kitchen personnel in safe operating procedures of all equipment, utensils and machinery. Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of product. Write creative, daily changing menus with corresponding order guides and prep lists. Print out menus and order guides for each team member, and write clear and concise prep lists daily. Conduct at least 1 Team briefing per week, discussing the menu, order guide, and prep items for the following week. Establish and monitor par levels, portion control and waste, utilizing ordered product and surplus food product to minimize waste. Understand and participate in the established purchasing/ordering process, working closely with the Sous Chefs. You will complete daily Time and Temperature logs while ensuring accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products. Report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) accurately and timely to the Sous Chef(s). Respond to all comments and complaints in a positive manner and alert Sous Chefs when necessary. Work the service line during peak meal hours while maintaining a responsive, approachable demeanor, displaying phenomenal customer service, in a timely manner.
Education & Experience
Typically 5-8 years high volume food service - preferably larger, innovative corporate programs, in house or 3rd party. May also be food & beverage experience in a full-service hotel, resort or multi-restaurant chain.