Business Operations Manager, App Store
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’ve all found apps we love and apps that have changed our lives. Apps transform the ways we learn, work, travel, have fun, and pursue our passions. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are more than two million. And so our team challenged ourselves: How can we offer more perspective and insight? How do we showcase the work of creative developers? How can we make the App Store a place our hundreds of millions of customers will want to visit every single day? We’re hiring people who want to help make that happen. We are seeking a motivated and passionate individual to join the App Store Business Operations team. You will work on opportunities to optimize global business operations of the App Store for iOS, Mac, iMessage, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. This will include supporting the development and implementation of innovative processes and technology solutions that will increase efficiencies for the business.
- 4 years of experience in business operations, product management and/ or digital transformation projects
- 2+ years of relevant experience in management consulting or at a high-growth technology firm; Digital Media industry experience preferred
- Experience with content management systems and digital/content supply chain and operations
- Experience working with cross functional global teams across all levels of the organization and managing the implementation of complex projects
- Ability to pursue multiple solutions concurrently to operational challenges
- Ability to synthesize large amount of information and data to create a clear story digestible to different types of audience - business, engineering, executives etc
- Strong quantitative analytical skills and experience developing dashboards and reporting tools using spreadsheet applications, Tableau etc.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python a plus
- Excellent business sense, project management skills, relationship management skills, and the ability to understand and resolve complex business issues
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Have an enthusiastic outlook to problem solving and willingness to adapt in a highly demanding, collaborative and fast-paced environment with rapidly changing direction and new challenges
- Experience with Agile Software Development / Project Management methodologies a plus
- Knowledge of the iOS, macOS and App Store ecosystem a plus
You will partner with teams and senior management on a global scale on the development of business process and technology roadmaps that align with long term divisional strategies. Analyze current state operations and propose workflows and tool solutions that drive improvements to the organization WW or for addressing country-specific needs. You will work cross-functionally with business partners across Editorial, Business Management, Product etc. to identify and define short term and long term solutions to operational obstacles. You will document business requirements for process improvements/ technology solutions and prioritize these in alignment with strategic business goals. Work with internal engineering teams, & external vendors as needed, to support the build implementation of tools that scale the business. You will track risks/issues with development to ensure business requirements are met and advocate for future enhancements. Develop and document process flows & related tool guidance for new business processes resulting from business initiatives. Support leadership in implementing new ideas effectively within the Apple culture and managing changes to maximize the adoption of new tools or processes across the business. You will be responsible for defining operational metrics, creating dashboards and other reporting tools for business partners and leadership to understand business performance.
Education & Experience
Undergraduate degree in Operations, Business or related field; Advanced degree a plus