Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic System Architect to lead and drive system technical designs and roadmaps. You will oversee and analyze key system architectural and implementation trade-offs such as power and performance in a thermally constrained system, analyzing silicon, data flows and driving requirements. This role requires that you have strong communication, persuasion and negotiation skills, in addition to being comfortable with working through ambiguities. You will have the opportunity to work with other engineers for the best standards, methodologies, and practices in systems development.
- You should have 5-10 years and core competencies in system and chip architecture
- You must have great analytical skills to lead the team on key systems engineering architectural and implementation trade-offs on high performance, low power designs
- Proven expertise in SOC hardware architecture, low power design, hardware-software interfaces, inter-chip interconnect & bus protocols and wireless interfaces
- Experience in system level modeling and analysis for data flows, performance and power
- It is ideal that you possess a strong understanding of software including CV algorithms, firmware, OS, and applications
- You have excellent communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills (cross-functional and executive).
Development of system level models for power, performance and timing analysis for overall system optimization Analysis of architectural options against engineering trade-offs such as power, performance, cost, and quality Deep collaboration with software, algorithms, and cross-functional teams to drive performance and power optimization Definition and authorship of system level features and detailed functional requirements Review, influence and challenge performance decisions with new ideas
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in Electrical engineering or Computer engineering