Senior Software Engineering Manager - Channel, Enterprise and Beats
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Partner Solutions and Technology team built systems for the most dynamic and versatile business team at Apple. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest technologies and are constantly opening up the boundaries. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- 10+ years management experience in software engineering.
- Strong experience in delivering customer facing and business critical applications that scale and are highly available.
- Strong exposure to designing and developing iOS application is highly preferred.
- Experience in Digital Transformation programs.
- Experience with technologies like Java, Swift, Spring, Kafka , Elastic & Kubernetes.
- Ability to design large-scale applications with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability
- Ability to review designs and code, provide actionable feedback, and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics
- Ability to communicate with large multi-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules etc.
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and bold schedules
- Represent the team and remove hurdles to enable each team member to operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity
- Ability to hire, mentor and handle the performance of a large team.
- Ability to communicate with senior executives and business stakeholders.
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a fast paced work environment.
- Loves fast paced environment and learning new technologies
- Passion for Computer science and software engineering design
- Deeply concerned about excellence and perfection in products and services
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Come be a leader with the Apple Partner Solutions and Technology team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. As a Senior Manager to lead the Apple Partner Solutions and Technology team, you will be responsible for delivering engineering and operational excellence for Channel, Enterprise and Beats. This Engineering Leader will possess great verbal & written communication skills, self-motivated, driven, detail oriented, hands-on, and a strong technology leader. You will be responsible for architecture, design, development, and deployment of custom Java and software package based solutions using Oracle and Mongo databases. A strong background with development, implementation and operational experience is required for this leadership role. A consistent track record with managing, motivating and providing technical guidance to a team of software engineers to draw out their best work will be key to success. Ensuring quality in every deliverable, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other multi-functional teams in a fast paced environment will be meaningful attributes to possess.
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering plus 12+ years software development experience or MS degree plus 10+ years software development experience or equivalent experience