Core OS Accessories Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a big-picture thinker who loves setting ambitious goals? Do you have a passion for understanding how each line of code affects all the others? In the Core Operating Systems group, you’ll ensure the OS is inseparable from each device’s identity as a whole. That’s because this group is committed to building fully integrated operating systems that combine hardware, software, and apps into a single Apple experience. Your dedication to cross-disciplinary collaboration will help develop groundbreaking technologies, such as iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. By crafting these distinct, holistic user experiences, you’ll continue to uphold and advance the excellence people expect from Apple devices. The Core OS Accessories Team is looking for a Software Engineer to focus on iOS/macOS/tvOS/watchOS software support of wired and wireless accessories. In this role, you will be working on developing both existing and future Apple products. There is a wide breadth to this role; our team's stack has components in both userland and kernel. Our team is responsible for many aspects of accessory behavior, such as connectivity, charging, security, and more. The team is very fast paced and the right engineer has vast opportunities to learn.
- Programming Languages: C, Objective-C, C++.
- Operating System Experience: iOS, macOS, NetBSD, Linux.
- Protocol design and implementation.
- Strong software debugging skills.
- Solid understanding of networking protocols.
Develop wired and wireless accessory features, protocols, and technologies. Document code and create workable specifications including quantifiable system performance characteristics. Ensure products are instrumented to evaluate field system equivalence. Tool development for feature simulation, verification and system-level troubleshooting. Work with external technology partners to design and launch accessories and technology platforms.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience/skills
- Additional Desired Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of related experience in consumer products and/or other product development.
- Ability to use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Strong electrical system understanding
- Board bring-up.
- Device driver programming.