Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Dynamic, smart, and exceptional people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? We are looking for Electrical Engineer “maker” types who love to build things and think cross-functionally - from schematic capture and layout to firmware development and mechanical prototyping. You will become part of a hands-on development team that nurtures engineering excellence and creativity. We are constantly facing new challenges and encourage curiosity and diversity of thought in finding unique solutions. This group interfaces with many different product teams across the company, ensuring that the customer’s first interactions with Apple products are the best they can be. Custom designs are developed and prototyped to support new product launches and to highlight new features of the products showcased.
- Great EE fundamentals.
- Deep understanding of why our discipline works the way it does; you've developed an intuition and can apply it to new topics because you understand the basics.
- Hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification.
- Experience designing products from beginning to end and dealing with contract manufacturers
- Experience in low power embedded systems, from 8-bit and 16-bit micro- controllers to multi-core ARM based SoC’s, is deeply beneficial.
- Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscopes, DMM’s, VNA’s, thermal test equipment, etc.
- Experience in the following areas is especially desirable: DC/DC power design, micro controllers, USB-PD, wireless charging
•Leading and interacting with internal and external teams, driving them to a high level of quality. •Develop understanding for an Apple-designed product through schematic and datasheets as well as interactions with the product design team •Circuit or system design, including component selection, schematic capture, board design and fabrication, and validation
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD EE or similar experience