Visual Merchandising - WW Hero Product Merchandising
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple Retail, we are focused on building experiences that encourage our customers to learn, explore, and go further with their creativity. Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little direction fuel your creativity? Product Zone Merchandising is a crucial part of the Apple experience, defining how customers engage with our hero products in Apple Retail. We take pride in developing the best merchandising in the marketplace, partnering with our talented cross-functional and store teams to provide a best-in-class experience. In this global role, you are responsible for the strategic store layout and placement of our Apple hero products, creating Product Zone planograms, the forecasting of new and/or incremental demo products and accompanying visual elements, along with planning and driving communication and implementation for Merchandising overnight sets. You will lead the demo experience for new product launches through cross-functional partnerships, partnering closely with teams such as Product Marketing, Product Design, MarCom, Retail Fulfillment and Logistics.
- Validated experience with process development, project management, problem solving & critical thinking
- Retail analytics and/or general analytics background. Analytical and informed decision maker with ability to generate measurable business impact
- Process-oriented, with ability to flex from high-level strategy to fine attention to detail. Detail oriented and independent, comfortable working during intensive periods under bold deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, while simultaneously operating at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to influence and develop relationships with partners at all levels including executive and senior leadership
- Ability to merchandise conceptually without hands-on product interaction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people leadership and experience with the ability to lead a team of peers
- Strong aesthetic, visual design, and presentation skills
- Cross-functional agility, and ability to independently lead and meet objectives in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to foster teamwork and align objectives across diverse groups
- Proficiency with creative and analytical/spreadsheet software applications such as Pages, Numbers, Adobe, and Microsoft Excel
- 5 - 8 years prior merchandising or retail management experience preferred
Drive key strategic merchandising programs and initiatives, through deep analytics of sales and customer behavior Leverage sales analysis, as well as customer behavior analytics, to determine product placement and merchandising strategies Present regular comprehensive findings to leadership, in order to continually innovate current and future merchandising strategies Develop worldwide product placement, and individual store layout strategy, for product launches and major resets throughout the year. Create and deliver holistic merchandising strategy to senior leadership and cross-functional partners, and get consensus on strategy Create and communicate regular planogram changes to stores Create and own all launch deliverables in order to ensure successful implementation in stores, including demo forecasting, visual element forecasting, comprehensive communication to stores, cross-functional project management, overnight labor hour calculation and communication on an individual store level, and delivery of supplemental products and display elements. Create efficiencies within existing processes, in order to improve in-store implementation, as well as cross-functional work streams Partner with Geo-based teams and Field Merchandising teams to incorporate global, market and store level considerations, as well as customer feedback into merchandising strategy Support overnight merchandising sets in stores, through communication, and/or in-store presence. Support new store openings through various deliverables, i.e. planogram communication, store calls.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent degree preferred (Business, Marketing, or related degree) We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.