Senior Data Scientist- Health
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Machine Learning and AI
There is a tremendous opportunity to improve how people manage their health. Apple is looking for exceptional data scientists to help deliver amazing experiences that will address this need in meaningful ways. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are a self-motivated, accountable, and upbeat individual who is not afraid of challenges, we are looking for you.
- 5+ years of experience applying machine learning to real world problems and crafting scalable and effective data solutions.
- Strong data mining and statistical modeling background.
- Expertise in quantifying & forecasting time series data.
- Prior experience in healthcare or digital health.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively in cross-functional teams composed of clinicians, researchers, software engineers, designers, and operations leaders.
- Ability to implement data science pipelines and applications in Python.
- Experience with Relational databases or NoSQL databases.
The Health team is looking for an outstanding and proven data scientist to join an exciting new project at an early stage. The data scientist will be primarily responsible for supporting the team’s data analysis operations, including the development of distributed analytical tools, data processing and machine learning pipelines, interactive visualization tools, and reporting dashboards for key outcomes of interest. The ideal candidate will also be capable of designing, executing, and communicating the results of multiple ongoing analyses, either in isolation or in collaboration with members of a multidisciplinary clinical team.
Education & Experience
Post Graduate degree required in a quantitative discipline. Ph.D is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in deep learning and distributed computing systems (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) a plus.