Full-Stack Java Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Emerging Technology group is looking for an Enterprise Software Engineer to work on a service’s-based messaging and data platform. You would need to demonstrate analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to adapt to a dynamic project development environment. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence where dynamic, people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm.
- Strong programming expertise in Java, Multi-threading, Non-blocking IO, Akka, Kafka
- Hands on experience publishing and consuming RESTful services (Swagger, WADL etc).
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle is a requirement. This would include schema design, writing DDL, DML queries and performance tuning queries.
- Experience in containers like Docker and deploying code to cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or private cloud.
- Experience using Git and CI/CD pipelines.
- Should have a deep understanding of NoSQL storage solutions viz. Cassandra, Couchbase
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- Should have a strong UNIX background and comfortable writing Unix scripts.
- Should be able to performance tune application code and assist team members in reviewing code and provide suggestions to developers.
- Implemented solutions that handle high availability and concurrency with low latency requirements.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
Development of new code and/or managing existing code as part of a group and/or alone. Ability to develop detailed design and deliver a scalable implementation. Evaluate products including open-source modules and if need be incorporate them into projects. If required willing to take on a technical leadership role You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver best-in-class products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with a minimum of 3+ years hands-on programming experience.