Product Manager, Apple Books
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
We’re perfectionists. Idealists. Inventors. Forever tinkering with products and processes, always on the lookout for better. Are you someone who’s looking to be a part of a team that wants to change the world? Do you possess a passion to think differently and challenge conventional approaches to problem solving? At Apple, we’re focused on building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers improve their quality of life. The Internet Software & Services (IS&S) team at Apple provides our global customers access to an incredible collection of amazing content and features across music, movies, apps, books, news, and much more. We are seeking an experienced Product Manager with a passion for Books to join the IS&S Books Product team. We are looking for someone who understands the Book and publishing business, and can work in quick and rapid iterative cycles, has the creativity and humility to formulate new ideas and approaches, is oriented strongly towards experimentation, and above all, uses data and structured thinking to inform their approach. You will be responsible for trying innovative tactics and evangelizing the critical importance of the cycle of testing, learning, and iterating to unlocking core product growth. You will evaluate the competitive landscape, and look for opportunities to innovate. In this role, you will be a master at working across various parts of the company, and will work closely with design, engineering, marketing, and data analytics teams to build a roadmap of ideas for all Apple Books customers.
- 8+ years of experience in software/media product development. Experience in a consumer growth role a plus.
- Strong consumer product instincts; you intuitively understand why product ideas will succeed
- Fundamentally analytical and technical; you have the ability to collect and analyze data from a variety of sources, identify key insights, spot optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
- Deeply detail focused; you believe that an extraordinary product is the sum of an inordinate number of small, thoughtful decisions
- Exhibit a bias towards action and experimentation
- Produce articulate and inspired presentations to communicate your vision and plans.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate with a wide range of team members and job functions – all the way up to executives
- Experience with global teams and international product expansion a plus
- Experience with books & publishing industry preferred
Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, program managers, and marketers to prioritize growth and product enhancements based on impact. You execute rapidly to capture signal, and continuously iterate on the product design and service features to improve customer growth. Work hand-in-hand with engineering, design and data analytics partners to analyze results and synthesize findings. Deep curiosity to identify key opportunities and ability to develop experiment driven proposals. You will own and deliver on key targets each quarter (metrics based) Clearly communicate strategy in a structured way to socialize your roadmap and report results Stay on top of standard methodologies across the industry to develop a resource of growth tactics
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree or equivalent working experience