RF Systems Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
The wireless RFIC team architects, designs, and validates radio transceivers integrated into complex wireless SoCs. Our transceivers have powered wireless connectivity solutions for Apple wearable products, enabling the smallest form factor at the lowest power envelope. You will have the opportunity to do innovative development in transceiver design while working closely with systems and product teams at Apple. In this role, you will be our go-to person for RF Systems and own our lab characterization and validation of RF SoC IP. Would you like to join us and become part of this dynamic team?
- 5 years experience in RF test development, debug, and reporting
- Strong RF background and familiarity with RF systems fundamentals
- Hands-on experience of RF test equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal generator, vector signal analyzer, etc.)
- Sound knowledge of RF, PLL, and general wireless systems measurements (i.e. IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, lock time, etc.)
- Experience in RF-System simulation environment (SystemVue, Matlab or Verilog-A)
- Solid skills in test and script development (Python, PERL, TCL)
- Good written and verbal communication
YOU WILL WORK WITH RFIC CIRCUIT DESIGNERS TO: - Investigate and find the root cause for system level figure of merits that cannot meet specifications - Conduct bench test, debug, and characterization of RF SoC IPs, including transmitters, receivers, PLL, power amplifiers, ADC/DAC, crystal oscillators, and PMU. - Perform RF system characterization measuring EVM, phase noise, sensitivity, and other radio parameters. - Create RF System models for RF/Analog impairments, correlating radio behavioral model to system measurements. - Run analysis and verification of radio calibrations (DPD, IQ/LOFT, DCOC, RC cal, etc.). - Debug chip level or board level desense and spur issues. - Generate RF design/verification/test reports. - Collaborate with RF bring-up and integration teams on RF board layout, test interface methodology and programming sequence, and RF calibration programming.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in EE desired
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.