CSM Product and Test Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We are seeking a dynamic senior CSM Product and Test Engineer to join the growing, goal driven Product Quality and Reliability team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving IC component readiness with adequate test program for mass production. You’ll proactively influence suppliers to improve methodologies, and drive our vendors. Our successful lead will solve problems by identifying failure modes of material affected as it relates to analog and digital ICs.
- Our ideal candidate will have 15+ years of product engineering experience for complex system designs with knowledge of product engineering
- Previous leadership experience or experience managing suppliers
- Excellent communication skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers
- Experience working on RF, SerDes, Digital, Mixed Signal devices and Power management integrated circuits (PMIC) such as switching and linear regulators
- Ability to define and direct design of experiment for root cause determination
- Expertise in Semiconductor technology, test methodologies and development flows
- High volume product yield management experience
- Analog and digital IC evaluation report analysis through reviewing appropriately developed test solution results
- ATE characterization and data collection test program and test platform experience.
- Statistical data analysis knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with test equipment (i.e., oscilloscope, logic analyzer, etc.) and associated HW (i.e. probe card, jig/fixtures, sockets, etc.)
- Solid understanding of Electronic Engineering Fundamentals, Design for Test, Design for Reliability and Manufacturing concepts
- Strong quality concept and familiar with quality methodology/platform such as TFMEA, AQL, GR&R, etc.
- In depth knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing Process
- System level experience is a plus
- Travel is required
- Define and coordinate New Product Introduction activities - Aggressively drive and influence suppliers to meet Apple quality standards for IC devices - Review product and test development plans, and drive execution including characterization, correlation, Test HW/SW GR&R, etc - Oversee/drive data analysis, characterization, and fault isolation to figure out root cause of issues - Work with design, process, and test engineers to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies - Influence vendors to define and finalize production screening guard-band specifications based upon design intent and characterization result - Review/assess on statistical data analysis on mass data set - Assess/perform yield analysis and correlation analysis for all levels of test including pareto building, statistics, etc. Driving/guide suppliers for improvement as needed - Drive test development cycle time reduction and test time reduction
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE or equivalent is required