CSM Reliability Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this role, you will be accountable for Component Reliability, and work closely with multi-functional groups and third parties to coordinate introduction and qualification of new products with high quality. Your ability to influence and effective interpersonal skills will drive vendors to produce the highest quality results that meet Apple’s performance standards.
- You will have 15+ years of semiconductor engineering in the Reliability and/or Quality/Product Engineering role from multinational companies
- Extraordinarily strong communication skills required
- Experience in JEDEC reliability and quality related standards, ISO, and the science behind them
- The ideal background will have experience of silicon product level reliability qualification and lifetime behavior model
- You will know reliability fail modes of silicon/packaging technologies and fail mechanisms with respect to reliability
- Can you set up HW setups and equipment for life, environmental, ESD, Latch-Up and other tests?
- Have you audited supplier sites, materials and processes?
- Proven experience driving suppliers in the areas of silicon Fab process / packaging / assembly, test, on-going reliability monitoring, post-production qualification
- Familiar with process flows, specifications, and monitoring supplier performance (process Cpk, yield, qualification report, etc.)
- Possess knowledge on practice of FAI to validate the work suppliers are doing prior to production stage
- Travel is part of this role
- You will drive requirements and execution of products, process and package qualification and reliability stress tests conditions and configurations from design stage all the way to successful qualification completion - Drive and review Design for Reliability and Design for Test to ensure stress-ability and testability - Oversee and ensure adequate preparation for qualification including such as corner skew material, BIB/Socket, waveform, electrical bias, thermal effect, lifetime estimation - Implement POR of process flows, workmanship standards, monitoring product performance - Perform FAI (First Article Inspection) to ensure critical goals are reviewed before engineering, pre-production and production release for Product manufacturing - Drive investigation and resolution on qualification fallouts and product and process nonconformance of MRB, RMA events through means of FA, CAR, 8D, and reporting - Support PCN or ECN activities - Conduct supplier audits when necessary - Assess/perform yield analysis and correlation analysis for all levels of test including pareto building, statistics, etc. Driving/guide suppliers for improvement as needed
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE or equivalent is required