Accessibility Software Engineer - Hearing
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to help influence and create some of Apple’s most important products? Our team, iOS Accessibility Software Engineering, is looking for a talented engineer who can contribute directly to our hearing focused accessibility products, including Made for iPhone Hearing Aids, Live Listen, Real-time Text Support and more.
- Ability to create and understand maintainable and performant Object-Oriented software designs
- Ability to write performant and correct multi-threaded code
- Talent for cleanly architecting UI features
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills
Apple's Accessibility team is seeking a motivated and driven iOS Software Development Engineer to help develop features for hearing impaired and deaf users. In our dynamic group, you’ll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to help craft products that improve and enhance the lives of everyone who uses Apple products regardless of differences. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including iOS Application teams, framework teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple's entire product line.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- • UIKit or AppKit APIs
- • Accessibility APIs (any platform)
- • Hearing related technologies