TDG Software Release EPM
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Technology Development Group is looking for a senior release engineering project manager (EPM) to help us build the next generation of Augmented Reality (AR) interactive solutions for Apple platforms. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including AR, machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will lead teams crafting future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people. You will need experience with system software fundamentals, release management, leadership capabilities, excellent interpersonal skills, and a dream to work with an amazing team to help guide feature and software updates. As a self-motivated teammate who thrives in a dynamic, constantly changing environment, passionate about building phenomenal products and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. We are looking for people with a passion and track record for shipping complex new technology. This is a hands-on release EPM position working with the most creative people in the world. The release EPM will lead teams in the entire product development lifecycle from concept to delivery. You should demonstrate high integrity, high energy and feel comfortable in a dynamic environment. As an experienced change leader navigating uncharted technology advancements you will need to build strong collaborative relationships and calmly manage any associated conflicts along the way. You will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery with laser focus on execution with a keen eye for important details. If you relish challenge and are excited by working with a great team on amazing new technology, then we want to hear from you - please apply!
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Collaboration: You are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities
- A deeply curious mindset about new ideas
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Experience project managing complex, multi-functional projects
- Solid understanding of software development practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Experience developing and releasing a consumer product
- Ability to create and execute plans in ambiguous settings
- Experience demonstrating strong presentation skills.
- You understand new technologies quickly, identify and address process issues, analyze data to predict release risks, and be able to clearly communicate requirements and status at all levels.
Work with our project management, engineering and leadership teams to help define, schedule, track and communicate status of releases at large. Lead efforts across multiple teams representing multiple layers of the software stack Track and manage incoming bugs, ensure they meet bug quality standards, check for duplicates, and route them to the appropriate components Develop and automate reports to help manage the entire bug lifecycle and identify areas for improvement Resident expert of our in-house bug tracking system and will continually invent new ways to query, organize, and interpret data to ensure meeting of our defect management goals Be the “go-to” person when there is a need to query data to understand defect status, program status, and other business systems Perform analysis and query data from other systems to answer questions around defect management, as well as other systems in iOS Track and communicate seed blocking issues Coordinate program wide BRBs with individual teams Develop and implement reports on state of bugs Assist with training on bug management Process daily bug movement from builds Continuously look for opportunities and improve how programs are run and executed Proactively look ahead and keep the path clear for your teams.
Education & Experience
BS/MS, CS/CE/EE Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Electrical Engineering