Product Manager - Transit, Wallet & Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Pay is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. We are changing the landscape of payments through innovation enabling our customers to pay with their mobile devices in a simple, private and secure way. Apple Pay is the premier mobile payments platform and paying has never been easier. Gone are the days of searching for your wallet. Payments now happen with a single touch and our customers can pay in a simple, secure, and private way. The Apple Pay and Wallet Team is looking for an experienced Transit Product Manager with a proven results in managing and deploying transit platform solutions globally while also charting the direction of future enhancements and support execution against that long-term strategy. You will partner directly with business teams, engineering team and other functional teams across Apple to deliver on exciting and innovative transit-focused programs. You should have significant consumer product management experience and a track record launching of at-scale product launches. You possess a strong technical background and the ability to methodically assess, prioritize and solve complex problems in the transit space. You demonstrate attention to detail and focus on excellent customer-centric solutions.
- You have 5-7 years of consumer-facing product management, preferably with experience with transit systems across multiple international markets
- You have developed comprehensive knowledge of contactless technologies utilized in transit systems
- You have a sound technical foundation, with the ability to synthesize and distill key topics into end-user language.
- You are an analytical thinker who is data driven, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- You have worked on global teams, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills. Including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely across multiple audiences and partners.
We are looking for an individual with a proven background in transit systems in all forms, with a detailed understanding of the card issuer and operator ecosystem, service providers, and system integrators in the space. We seek a self starter and upbeat person with strong leadership capabilities. The candidate will partner directly with the Wallet, Payments, and Commerce business teams, engineering teams and other functional teams across Apple as well as working with external partners globally to identify key product roadmap opportunities, develop new product features and inform go-to-market strategies. Travel may be required
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S./M.S. or equivalent