Marketing Data Science Manager, Apple Media Products Data Science
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. If you are an ambitious, high-energy individual who is not afraid of challenges, we’re looking for you. Apple is seeking an expert Data Scientist to join a team passionate about Data Science & Analytics for Apple Media Products (AMP), covering the App Store, Apple Music/iTunes, Video and other services. This role will involve working with Internet-scale data across numerous product and customer touch points, undertaking in-depth quantitative analysis and building models to drive strategy. The team’s culture is centered around rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with product, engineering, business, and marketing partners. We encourage independent decision-making and taking calculated risks. AMP Analytics collaborates with partners across product, design, engineering, marketing teams: our mission is to drive innovation at Apple through deep quantitive research of the App Store, Music, iTunes Video, Apple Books and Podcasts amongst other services.
- You have 2+ years of experience managing a Data Science team, preferably for growth marketing in a digital media or subscription business.
- The best candidates will have demonstrable knowledge of data pipeline design covering database technologies, ETL, aggregation, code management, query performance optimization, peer review, and productionalization.
- You have a strong proficiency with SQL-based languages. Experience with large scale analytics technologies such as Hadoop and Spark preferred.
- You should have a proven ability to work with executive level partners, peers and individual contributors across a range of functions.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- We seek a strategic mindset with an aptitude to condense complex concepts, analysis and models into actionable growth marketing data products and strategies that will propel Apple’s digital media businesses.
You will lead AMP Marketing Data Science by delivering actionable analysis, models and data products. Oversee, recruit and develop a diverse team of high-performing data scientists focused on diving deep into large-scale marketing data. Own and deliver against a prioritized multi-year roadmap for marketing instrumentation, datasets, reports and dashboards that takes into account new feature and product launches. Establish affinity and propensity models to refine campaign audience selection. Explore and rollout multi-touch attribution models for AMP’s subscription businesses. Build out datasets and dashboards to aid channel and campaign performance monitoring/management. Increase internal adoption of advanced analytics methods including machine learning. Collaborate with channel owners to optimize channels and campaigns according to audience, content and scheduling variables. Work cross-functionally to deliver key strategic programs and partnerships that align with business and marketing priorities.
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or related field. Ideally, Masters or PhD in related field.