Manufacturing Design Engineer (MDE) - Audio
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible role, our Manufacturing Design Engineers (MDE) are responsible for the development and implementation of high precision mechanical fabrication processes in a high volume environment.
- Mechanical background - experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Functional understanding of a range of manufacturing processes.
- Experience applying statistics to make informed decisions.
- Experience with driving to a tight schedule, and helping to define micro schedules is helpful.
A mechanical manufacturing engineer to take products from concept/brainstorm to mass production, as-well-as being able to audit existing processes to find opportunities. Daily activities can range from program management, to brainstorming solutions, to advanced data analysis. The processes you will cover will span; plastics joining, finishing, machining, welding, stamping, forging, coatings, assembly, machine development, fixture design, etc. We are looking for people with strong interpersonal skills that enjoy driving open issues to closure. Candidates should have a passion for learning and a drive to solve any problem thrown their way. Travel up to 90 days a year, but fluctuates dependent upon demand.
Education & Experience
MSME/BSME, or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.