Manufacturing Design Engineer (MDE) - Retail Displays
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible role, our Manufacturing Design Engineers (MDE) are responsible for the development and implementation of high precision mechanical fabrication processes in a high paced environment.
- Mechanical background - experience in a high volume or custom job-shop manufacturing environment.
- Functional understanding of a range of manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with a variety model shop or rapid prototyping techniques
- Experience applying statistics to make informed decisions.
- Experience with driving to a tight schedule, and helping to define micro schedules is useful.
A mechanical manufacturing engineer to take products from concept/brainstorm to mass production, as-well-as being able to audit existing processes to find opportunities. Daily activities can range from program management, to brainstorming solutions, to advanced data analysis. The processes you will cover will span; plastics joining, finishing, machining, welding, stamping, forging, coatings, assembly, machine development, fixture design, etc. We are looking for people with strong interpersonal skills that enjoy driving open issues to closure. Candidates should have a passion for learning and a drive to solve any problem thrown their way. Travel up to 90 days a year, but fluctuates dependent upon demand.
Education & Experience
MSME/BSME, or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.