Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you passionate about changing the world? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior engineers to join our prototyping team.
- Advanced knowledge of CPU & SOC architecture/design.
- Strengths in digital logic design, Verilog, System-Verilog, test-benches, simulation and debug.
- Strong analytical skills, creative attitude and enthusiastic teammate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills while demonstrating the desire to tackle diverse challenges.
- Experience in scripting/programming - ideally Unix, perl, python, Tcl, C, C++ including low-level programming (firmware) of complex computer systems.
- Experience in FPGA tool flows is a plus; Synthesis, Partitioning, Place & Route: ProtoCompiler, Certify, Synplify, Identify, Vivado, ISE, etc.
- Hardware/System design, tools, debug, lab experience are a plus.
As a prototyping engineer you will be responsible for emulating a complex SOC & are expected to: Collaborate with the team to review and develop prototyping plans and specifications. Work closely with design & micro-architecture teams to understand the functional & performance goals. Work on Synthesis / Place & Route, timing optimization, develop plans for custom hardware. Work independently & lead deliverables to align with project goals plus support multi-functional engineering efforts.
Education & Experience
BS (EE or CS) required with 1~2 years experience or MS (EE or CS) preferred