Field Test and Feature Analysis Engineer - Computer Vision
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. We are the Computer Vision Testing Group and part of the Video Engineering team. We have shipped many exciting projects (ARkit, Animoji, FaceID, etc.) on Apple products. Our projects will have a phenomenal impact. For this role, you will test various computer vision features, give feedback from both algorithm developing perspective and user experience perspective. You will do hands-on on device testing, deliver high quality work within quick deadline and be able to provide a thorough summary from whole system point of view.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working, in the area of testing with camera systems and computer vision features
- You have an understanding of camera ISP pipeline, camera control algorithms
- You have strong Matlab programming and data analysis skills
- You are organized, fast thinking & can provide examples of work that demonstrates your ability to find and track issues
- You have extraordinary communication and relationship skills, including the ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- You have passion and enthusiasm to do and be the very best, and you are a driven leader who approaches things with a sense of urgency.
As part of computer vision testing team, you will work with and learn from world-class developers from Apple Computer Vision and Apple Camera engineering groups. You also need to be able to adapt fast pace, can follow development cycle and always deliver within short deadline. • Write Matlab code for data analysis • Pick up computer vision technology in a short time • Ask right questions and help camera and computer vision developers track issues • Develop test plans with the goal of thorough system evaluation • Perform testing and failure analysis twice per week or more • Deliver reports that are suitable for executive level presentation
Education & Experience
MS/PhD Degree in the area of computer science, computer vision, imaging science, optics, is helpful