Sr Science Manager, Search Engineering and Science - Apple Media Products (AMP)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products Search Team is looking for an extraordinary leader to help build next-generation search for Apple's ground breaking devices and platforms. We operate globally in languages around the world. Innovate at Apple: Our engineers have created some tough acts to follow, and they continue to lead us to innovative breakthroughs. Because they’re driven not by what would be easy, but by what would be amazing. Team: We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all find what we love in new ways. The AMP Search team powers search for App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, Apple TV, Books, Podcasts, and more on iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS. You will design, develop and maintain core search components that serve customers worldwide. You will also be responsible for bringing the latest research in search and discovery to production at scale.
- Passion. Our customers love what we do at Apple and we want the same from our engineering leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to build great teams and deliver great results.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Deep understanding of Search, Machine Learning, and Information Retrieval.
- Experience building scaleable data pipelines with Hadoop, Java, Scala, and Spark.
- Solid understanding of A/B experimentation and data-driven product development.
- Experience building search solutions with Lucene / Solr / Elasticsearch or related search technologies.
- Have a major impact on the way people search & discover Apple Media content on Apple devices worldwide. - Be part of a team with strong expertise in software engineering, information retrieval, language processing, data mining, machine learning, scalable systems, and parallel processing (Hadoop, Scala, Spark). - Be responsible for improving search relevance and powering search engine optimization. - Use big data technology to evaluate and prioritize content discovery features. - Conduct A/B Tests to ensure we objectively measure improvements. - Ensure successful deployment of features, code, data, and models in production. - Work in collaboration with other world-class engineers, researchers, and statisticians to ensure that features and models are functioning at or above expected performance levels. - Design & Implement solutions for automated unit and integration tests that enable continuous integration and delivery - Support search on all devices (macOS, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, Siri/HomePod) - Across media products (App Store, iTunes, Music, Video, Books, Podcasts) Globally in languages from Arabic to Vietnamese and everything in between.
Education & Experience
MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related discipline Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.