Core Data - Data Product Owner
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas become great products, services, and customer experiences. Apple is seeking a Core Data - Data Product Owner to join the AMP Analytics team in AMP (home to Apple Music, App Store, iTunes and more) has some of the most compelling data in the world. We seek a hardworking product owner with experience in building pipelines, who is motivated by meaningful problems and well versed with data environment. This is a rare opportunity to join a focused team and work reciprocally with other groups to make a significant impact.
- At least 4+ years architecting and building data pipelines
- At least 8+ years of SQL experience with the ability to write ad-hoc and complex queries to perform data analysis
- You should have analytical skills, including a deep understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Meaningful and substantial work experience with business requirements definition and management (end to end), structured analysis, process design, use case documentation, UML process and use case definition
- At least 2 years of Spark SQL, Linux, Hadoop experience
- You have 2+ years of experience in data modeling (conceptual, logical models)
- Solid understanding of advanced data warehouse concepts (Factless Fact tables, Temporal \ BI-Temporal models, etc.)
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem solving abilities. Ability to identify where focus is needed and bring transparency to business objectives, requirements and priorities
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written). Capable of collaborating effectively across a variety of Engineering and Data analyst groups
- Overall technical understanding of data, data warehousing, business intelligence, web and other multi-tiered, distributed applications/systems.
As a member of the Core Data team within AMP Analytics and Data Products group, you will have significant responsibility and influence in shaping the future of core data landscape. This role is inherently multi-functional and you will work across disciplines. We are looking for someone with a love for data and ability to iterate quickly through capturing business needs from the partners, analyzing source data and data needs, creating data models and working in close collaboration with engineering, QA, analysts to deliver core datasets that support data integration, analytics and reporting. You have strong analytical skills and communication, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to great products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Business Information Systems.