Embedded Software Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Join the "Wireless Technology and Eco-system (WTE)” organization and be part of a world-class team of engineers. We are seeking a talented, highly motivated and passionate individual to help our ‘Baseband Services & Security team’ build embedded software features that ship with all of Apple’s cellular devices (iPhone/iPad/AppleWatch). If you were born to code, love to debug, and have a great understanding of embedded systems or operating systems, we’d love to talk to you. You will join a hands-on development team that nurtures creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection.
- Write quality code for embedded systems.
- Proven experience and strong knowledge of C/C++, love talking bits and bytes.
- Familiarity with inter-processor communication such as UART/USB/SPI/PCIe is preferred.
- Familiarity with JTAG or other HW/SW debuggers is preferred.
- Excellent debugging skills in a variety of environments including those close to hardware.
- Security concepts and mechanisms to securely transfer data is preferred.
- Comfortable under tight schedules and capable of delivering on time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a MUST.
- Passionate about technology and excited to make a difference in the world
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while confidently driving multiple projects across many teams.
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are meaningful to our customers.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, some of your daily duties would include: Brining up cellular chipsets for new platforms Cross-functional debug across other software and hardware teams Planning enhancements for existing and future cellular chipsets Maintaining the expected quality standard on shipping products Implementing state-of-the-art security programming for the next generation of Mobile Devices. Security threat and attack vector analysis of existing iOS devices. Interacting with SW/HW design teams, network equipment vendors, factory, operations, and internal QA teams to analyze and solve technical issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience desired.