HW PD Engineering Project Manager (EPM)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
As a Hardware Product Development Engineering Project Manager within the module engineering organization, you will be responsible for managing the product definition, development and implementation for one of the module product development teams. In this role you will drive the day-to-day activities to meet the overall program objectives focusing on electrical and mechanical engineering design, development planning and validation cycles.
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
- Ability to rapidly understand new technologies
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Ability to comprehend, communicate and manage complex design tradeoffs
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes
- Experience interfacing with Operations and Mechanical Engineering/Design
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity
- At least 2 - 4+ years combined experience in project management; mechanical engineering/electrical; consumer electronics preferred
Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall project objectives. Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process. Redirect pitfalls and develop a better course of action. Identify and direct all resources required to execute successful projects. Create and maintain project schedules Identify cross functional design dependancies and risks Collaborate and facilitate communication across engineering managers, operations manager, marketing managers and our OEM partners to meet very aggressive cost, schedule, and quality goals Lead cross-functional communication between project teams and external vendors Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision making
Education & Experience
BS degree in Engineering required, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.