Payments Software Engineer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you want to build state of the art systems used by millions of users every day? Apple Pay Payments Engineering is the place to be if you are passionate about working on awesome technology that impacts our millions of users daily. As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to explore and contribute to a wide variety of interesting projects. We would love to hear from you if you're enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and want to make an impact! Be a part of an innovative impactful team making a difference.
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience
- Exceptional programming skills in Java or similar languages
- Hands on experience with designing and developing large-scale, mission-critical distributed systems.
- Experience with enterprise architectural patterns needed for highly-scalable systems
- Experience with high volume, transactional processing
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Proficiency with scalable technologies such as Kafka
- Experience in crafting and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Knowledge of databases both SQL and NoSQL
This position is for a Senior Software Engineer within the Apple Pay Payments Engineering team. This team provides the financial platform and system to handle payments for various services. Engineers on this team are responsible for designing and implementing payment applications as micro-services, the core platform and libraries. As a member of this team: - You will participate in the architecture design and implementation of the systems and libraries that will be used/consumed by various teams within Apple. - You will help drive reliability, availability, and performance of the system. - You will build systems that ensure consistency through the entire payment cycle, track payments from end to end in real time, and are easier to integrate, test and monitor at runtime.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent, MS preferred.