Maps Sr. Data Operations Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is searching for a creative and dedicated individual to join our Points of Interest (POI) Data Engineering Tools Team. You will be working on implementing POI Data Tools that support our engineering and operations group in order to ingest, process, curate and correct POI data. Responsibilities include building pipelines to expediently process and ingest large volumes of data, building curation systems, crafting tools to support our Data Science, Engineering, and Operations groups, as well as to publishing data to the rest of the Maps services. Key challenges include modeling and implementing infrastructure to support POI features as well as building tools and processes to make our team more efficient.
- Up to date and in depth knowledge of the Hadoop and Spark ecosystems in both development and operations contexts
- Experience managing and scaling systems to handle large data volumes (PB)
- Able to independently design and implement data processing pipelines with current software engineering practices
- Familiarity with Data Science tools
- Aptitude to independently learn new technologies and make assessments on their suitability to different engineering problems
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with teams with varying levels of Hadoop/Spark literacy
In this role you will be involved in the following: - Build and manage tooling, infrastructure, and operational processes to ensure effective use of available resources. - Hadoop/Spark will be the focus, other technologies such as Cassandra, Kafka, SOLR, Airflow, Kubernetes are utilized as well. - Promote and develop a self-service culture to minimize heroics and allow for efficient support of a growing organization. - This would include implementing health monitoring, data management, and other operational frameworks. - Guide our teams to learn, adopt, and refine standard methodologies defined by our team.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related areas of study - 5+ years working in Data Engineering or Operations roles
- Nice to have skills:
- - Familiarity with geo spatial data processing
- - Familiarity with ML technologies and infrastructure