SoC Product Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and expertly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. We are seeking a dynamic engineer who will be responsible for New Product Introduction (NPI) and defining problems by identifying failure modes related to a SoC.
- You should have at least 5+ years of product engineering experience of SoC's in a fast paced environment
- Experience handling ATE test program for characterization and data collection
- Knowledge to perform statistical data analysis
- Experience in yield management of high volume product
- Ability to setup design of experiment to drive the root cause of the problem
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers
- Travel is required
- New Product Introduction of SoC and support mass production needs - Perform data analysis, characterization and fault isolation to determine the root cause of the issues - Work with design, process and test engineers to identify and implement corrective actions on both new and mature products and technologies. - Define and finalize production screening guard-band specifications based upon design intent and characterization result - Perform statistical data analysis on mass data set - Perform yield analyses and correlation analyses for all levels of test, pareto building, statistics, etc. - Define characterization plan and generate characterization report You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
Education & Experience
BSEE/MSEE or equivalent is required