Business Development Partner Manager, Video Services
Culver City, California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple’s Video Services team is seeking an experienced Business Development professional to develop partnerships and strategic alliances with key content partners worldwide. The position involves leading the end to end business development execution including identification and screening of strategic partners, evangelizing Apple’s platforms and technologies, and negotiating commercial agreements. Demonstrated passion to ideate, create and deliver new, innovative customer experiences with partners is required. The candidate will work closely and effectively with senior executives and business, product and engineering teams within Apple, and with the partners to jointly identify strategies and implement programs that impact core business metrics. Candidates should have a proven track record of building and sustaining strong, successful relationships across the video industry and have a deep understanding of this business. Applicable experience developing and scaling new business programs preferred. This is a full-time position and is located in either our Cupertino, CA headquarters or Culver City, CA office with a requirement for worldwide travel.
- Minimum 7-10 years of meaningful industry work experience with a deep understanding of video distribution
- Deep understanding of the OTT landscape
- Past experience working at a programmer, TV network, studio, pay TV operator, or OTT video content provider
- Previous international experience preferable
- Strong business network at programmers, networks, pay TV providers/ MVPDs and OTT services
- Consistent record of successful negotiation with 3rd parties
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a large business structure
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside of Apple
- Self-starter who works effectively in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Expertise in building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis
- A deep understanding of product, marketing, financial acumen, analytical rigor and a passion for emerging products
- Passion, energy and drive to develop and grow a business globally
- Strong command of business and financial modeling
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and collaborative team player who feeds off of goal setting and achievement
- Strong project management capability with exceptional attention to detail
You would work as a part of the team driving business engagements and partnerships between Apple and external video partners to help deploy next-generation technologies and services. In this role, you would be responsible for developing and executing the strategy and agreement frameworks necessary to finalize comprehensive deals between Apple and the video partners. The position requires a keen understanding of complex commercial contracts, intellectual property and operations. You would drive research and commercial strategy development with internal teams and clearly and concisely present key findings and proposals to senior leaders. You would develop, negotiate and execute strategic deals partnering with third parties. You would collaborate across Apple organizations including engineering, legal, marketing, and others to ensure technical and business objectives are met.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree required; MBA or equivalent degree preferred.
- The role involves US and international travel.