Product Manager, Web Applications & Services
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.AppleCare Digital is seeking a Product Manager to lead one or more customer facing web applications and the web services behind them.
- Impact and influence: Directs efforts and output of different internal groups, including governance and cross-functional project teams. Holds people accountable; expects and gets excellence. Takes responsibility for outcome.
- Customer orientation: Incorporates customer impact in all team activities with the goal of improving overall experience and usability while keeping associated costs low. Maintains a focus on customer experience and consistency with Apple product customer experience.
- Communication and relationship management: Establish strong working relationship with peers and partners to address cross-functional process and inspire changes outside of the team. Communicates concisely and clearly in oral and written forms. Actively resolves conflicts.
- Quality and results focus: Has good business sense with a strong quality ethos. Commitment minded and drives closure to open items. Provides regular status updates to partners and management. Summarizes issues to key points and actions required. Drives day-to-day program activities to meet overall program objectives.
- Decision-making: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure. Uses data analysis and empirical information to support conclusions.
- Strong program-management skills: Works closely with business owners to define specific requirements for initiatives and programs. Accurately scopes length and difficulty of multiple tasks and projects. Sets objectives and goals for self and team. Breaks work down into realistic process steps. Identifies risks and communicates them to partners and management. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Measures performance against goals. Evaluates results and holds self and others accountable.
- Online User Experience – Represents the customer perspective across the entire Online Support experience. Articulate key customer web intents to partners influencing and impacting design, architecture, and content.
- Sole responsible party accountable for the overall success of development efforts and of their web application and associated web services.
- Partner with key team members to develop requirements for program, process, and customer experience improvements. Build and grow strong cross-functional partnerships for effective partner management.
- Identify new customer experiences or enhancement opportunities, pitch those ideas to cross-functional partners and leadership, generate user stories and technical requirements, and partner with software engineering teams to develop, test, and execute plans.
- Own the development effort by conveying vision to the team, outlining work in the product backlog, and prioritizing it based on business value.
- Handle complex, sensitive, & fast changing assignments. Accommodate evolving business needs.
- Develop and maintain global partner matrix and governance structure.
- Assess business & customer needs, generate innovative consumer-focused solutions, prioritize accordingly, and advance appropriately.
- Identify and track critical metrics that support broader strategic goals. Partner with analytics team to strategize and prioritize.
- Work with large quantities of data to design effective reporting systems to help track important metrics. Deliver regular reports to management.
- Plan and implement data-gathering activities to ensure the program is meeting user and business needs and to plan future initiatives.
- Investigate, test, and deliver new technical solutions to help power self-solve opportunities for customers seeking resolution to an issue or seeking to learn more about their Apple products.
In this position you'll be responsible for building and executing a vision for online self-service delivered through web applications. The Product Manager is responsible for partnering with engineering teams to develop, test, launch, and sustain web applications. You will have proven experience with program management, web technology, agile, and team leadership. The position requires creative thinking, an open mind, the ability to work cross-culturally with a diverse set of partners, problem-solving skills, and relationship-building skills. Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills are required as well as an ability to present to field staff, peers, and senior executives/management.
Education & Experience
5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 2+ years and a Master's degree
- 2+ years of experience with agile software development projects
- Experience with highly leveraged web services, including cross-functional governance, scalability and planning.
- Experience in a customer experience and/or support function
- Experience working with teams based outside the U.S.
- Experience in browser compatibility and accessible design