Sr Engineering Manager, Ad Platforms
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms engineering team is seeking an experienced manager to lead their multi function engineering team in Austin. The team is directly responsible for full stack distribution systems software development that’s used by thousands of advertisers, publishers and developers and has high visibility in the mobile advertising space. This role will create new capabilities within our organization to architect and deliver core services that enable and integrate our hyper growth Advertising Platform to the rest of the Apple ecosystem.
- 8-10 years of relevant management or leadership experience building scalable services and data driven products at Apple consumer scale.
- 10+ years of relevant engineering experience. Hands-on experience building web applications and infrastructure..
- Strong track record of creating and mentoring the best software development cultures
- A good understanding of scalable distributed systems running on private and public clouds.
- Strong technical background to challenge and enable the best software development teams
- Experience leading multiple concurrent projects, and the ability, to deliver x-functional projects without direct accountability.
- Excellent communication skills, and demonstrated ability, to effectively interact with both business and engineering.
- Extraordinary leadership skills, proven experience leading teams which include: architecting, develop and deploying internet-scale, distributed and critical services.
- Results oriented and deadline driven, with a desire to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Advertising industry experience is a huge plus.
- Real passion for enabling development teams to innovate and enable the best working environment of their careers.
In this role you will: -Drive the strategy, development, execution of the advertising platform integrations, operations, and product development. - Participate, challenge, and improve, as a key member of the senior engineering leadership staff, representing all initiatives within the Austin Ad Platforms teams. - Build and lead a team of exceptional engineers, devOps, architects, quality, that are adept at building massive distributed products that deliver for customers at scale with resiliency, and quality. - Drive a charter and identity for the new forming Austin location. - Strategize, define and execute the roadmap by collaborating with partners in Product, Design and Operations. - Collaborate with the product and business solutions team to engage with developers and partners to enable API based integrations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required Master's degree preferred.