Manager Enterprise Software Apps Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. The Identity Management Services team at Apple is a high-performance server engineering team responsible for building large-scale systems that supports Apple’s customer facing services such as iCloud, iTunes, Messages, FaceTime, Online store and others. This team is focused on solutions for Identity Access Management that encompass Authentication and Authorization. We are hiring for a Manager Enterprise Software Apps Engineering. We are in search of a hands-on, technically focused manager to lead a team of strong software engineers delivering world-class products. You should have excellent technical, communication and people skills with consistent track record of leading teams to success.
- Strong experience with Authentication, Authorization, and Identity Access Management.
- Strong experience in delivering server-side applications that scale and are highly available
- Experience in the following technologies: Java and its ecosystem, relational and non-relational databases, Internet protocols, caching systems, queuing systems
- Ability to understand the business context of product requirements and map it into a technology solution, ability to represent technical issues in business language
- Ability to design large-scale applications with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability
- Deep understanding of the software engineering process and the key contributors for success
- Ability to review design and code, provide actionable feedback and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics
- Ability to communicate with large cross-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules etc.
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules
- Represent the team and remove hurdles so that each one of the team members operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of team members
- Ability to communicate with senior executives within IS&T organization and in business functions
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization
This is a management role you will be responsible for the work output of a team of engineers. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment with technically strong team and lead team members to deliver to their highest potential. Responsibilities * Participate in product development discussions and map functional requirements to a technical design and a project schedule * Have technical discussions with team members to agree on product scope and delivery schedules * Track delivery schedule and related dependencies * Write detailed architecture and design documentation * Communicate with external teams (written and oral) on various aspects such as business value, technical design, project schedule etc... * Review design and code produced by engineers * Drive quality improvement initiatives and processes * Grow team by hiring great engineers and by mentoring / coaching them where required
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree(B.S) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 7 years experience Masters (M.S) in Computer Science, Engineering or related field with 5 years experience
- Experience in Java, C/C++, SQL, NoSQL, XML, and SOA
- Experience working with OAuth, SAML (Single Sign-on), OpenIDConnect, SSO, and KDC (Kerberos).
- PKI Service, SSL, application performance turning is a plus
- Hands-on experience in Oracle database performance turning, optimization is a plus
- Experience in Identity Management & Security is a big plus (authentication, authorization, provisioning, etc...)
- Exposure to Project Management skills and tools