RF Systems Hardware Engineer - Multi-radio Coexistence
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple's RF System Engineering team is looking for a passionate, self-motivated individuals to work on overall system performance of multi-radio coexistence for various wireless technologies (Cellular, WiFi, BT, GPS and NFC, etc.).
- You have solid understanding of RF hardware and system design including system-level grounding, shielding, isolation and electromagnetic interference mitigation.
- You have deep understanding on RF link budget, Rx gain line-up, Rx AGC operation and optimization techniques for different jammer conditions
- You understand RF component characteristic and have experience using lab equipment including spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, and/or packet sniffer.
- Ability to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware is a plus
- Knowledge on co-existence mitigation scheme, MAC/PHY and throughput performance, and programming / scripting skills (i.e. Python, MATLAB) is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal.
- You are able to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 20%.
You will be involved in system development of wireless products with a focus on multi-radios co-existence design. You will define co-existence performance requirements and test methodology to ensure Apple product meets those requirements. You will work with cross-functional teams, vendors, contract manufacturers, and technology suppliers. You will provide design guidelines, review PCB and flex layouts, debug and resolve multi-radio coexistence issues. You will support manufacturing test and debug failure units and perform large sample failure analysis. You will participate in developing system mitigation that optimizes product performance. This includes hardware, firmware, software solutions and algorithms to mitigate coexistence issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years experience or Master's Degree is required . Master's Degree with 3+ years experience is preferred.