Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. When you bring passion and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you can accomplish. We’re looking for an experienced operational manager to lead Apple’s Shipping, Receiving & Mail Services (SRM) department in Santa Clara Valley. If that’s you, then your next home may be here. Come and do the best and most exciting work of your career at Apple. This large department is comprised of many functional areas: customer service, route drivers, shipping, receiving, mail services, loading dock operations, secure logistics, freight, secure lockers, fleet vehicles, and software systems. You will establish operational objectives and work plans, delegate assignments to subordinate managers, supervisors, and individual contributors, and review objectives with your senior manager to determine the success of the operation.
- 8 + years’ experience working in operations or logistics fields.
- 5 + years’ experience as a manager, including experience managing a large team.
- You take ownership of your operation, provide leadership to inspire individual and team accountability, and set clear expectations and goals. You have a sense of urgency and drive for results by constantly following up and following through.
- Excellent communication, influencing, and listening skills. You communicate openly and effectively while positively influencing the performance of the team.
- You have strong coaching and mentoring skills, and are comfortable engaging in challenging conversations.
- You have extensive knowledge of industry trends and are able to analyze what works in the Apple environment and bring new ideas and processes to the team. You apply your expertise to find better ways to do things.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with the following:
- Apple products including iPads, iPhones and MacBooks,
- Scheduling or calendar software,
- Logistics tracking software, expertise with BearTracks is preferred,
- Database software, such as FileMaker Pro,
- Numbers or Excel, and
- Pages or Word.
- Ability to perform the following types of physical activities:
- Lift up to 30 pounds,
- Push/pull to move equipment,
- Bend/stoop/squat/kneel, and
- Reach above shoulders.
- Must be comfortable working in a warehouse environment.
- Embrace and promote Apple’s values and policies while exemplifying Apple’s standards around integrity and ethics.
Establish and ensure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives. You obsess over the customer experience and partner with internal customers to understand service needs and develop solutions. You articulate requirements to the team and provide follow-up documentation and training to ensure flawless delivery of services. You work collaboratively across all levels and have a sense of curiosity. Create formal, written standard operating procedures (SOPs) in collaboration with the team and ensure the entire team is fully trained. Analyze current SOPs and recommend improvements, if needed. Ensure processes are maintained and continually refined. Establish a departmental training program. Partner with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) colleagues to ensure you maintain a safe working environment and the team follows EHS policies and procedures. Develop strong relationships by regularly engaging with your team, senior management, cross functional partners, and customers. Regularly update your manager on departmental activity and ensure you are aligned on the mission and goals for the team. Address incoming emails, phone calls, and texts in a timely, efficient manner. Ensure team members are doing the same. Maintain accurate departmental metrics. Complete other duties, as assigned. Remain flexible and prepared for changes to the schedule, including working early mornings, evenings or weekends. Assist with after-hours requests, as needed.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.