Siri - Machine Learning Scientist
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Machine Learning has already made a deep impact in Apple’s front-line products, such as Siri. Machine learning engineer at Siri's Natural Language team are taking this a step further by redefining artificial intelligence, and creating groundbreaking technology for natural language understanding, machine learning, and conversational AI systems. Come join the Siri’s Natural Language team, and work with the people who created the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking.
- Strong programming and software engineering skills (Java, C++, Scala, Python or equivalent)
- Expertise in various facets of machine learning such as classification, feature engineering, information extraction, structured prediction, clustering, semi-supervised learning, topic modeling and ranking.
- Prior experience with applying Big Data (MapReduce, Hadoop, Hive and/or Pig, Spark) tools to large quantities of textual data is a plus
- Hardworking, self-starter, proven ability to manage multiple projects to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of engineers
The goal of the Siri Machine Learning & Natural Language team is to take Siri to the next level of intelligence and accuracy using advanced Machine Learning and statistical techniques. Engineers in this team work on a wide spectrum of approaches to improving Siri. You would work on core machine learning algorithms and models that are part of Siri’s ability to understand and respond to requests. You would also work on building scalable distributed systems to deliver these models to Siri’s users. This position involves a wide variety of skills and innovation. This is a unique opportunity that sits at the cutting-edge of machine learning and software. You should be passionate about creating phenomenal products.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent Masters or PhD preferred
- Java, C++, Machine Learning, Ranking, Conversational AI, Natural Language Understanding,