Sr. Display Backlight Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
This is an excellent opportunity to work on the forefront of display backlight technologies with the exemplary company consistently bringing innovations in the industry. In this position, you will take part in developing innovative designs implemented in products used by millions of people. You will be primarily involved in display backlight control design and development for Apple’s next generation Macintosh platforms, spanning from notebook computers, desktop computers, servers and standalone displays.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability present and work with multi-functional teams is deeply meaningful.
- Direct experience of power supply design and possess deep knowledge of DC-DC power conversion topologies including analog and digital controls loop.
- Able to use Spice-based simulation tools, Cadence Orcad schematic capture, Allegro PCB, Lab View, Matlab, etc.
- MathCad and excel mathematical analysis.
- Be intimately familiar with DC-DC voltage regulator chip architectures, magnetic design, PCB layout and state-of the art techniques for integration and efficiency optimizations.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, and ability to guide critical decisions.
- Possess deep understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges.
- Possess knowledge of high-volume manufacturing technologies and production variance.
- Be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- Proven track record of working in dynamic innovative work environment
- Work experience in power management semiconductor/silicon companies with focus in display backlight technologies is ideal.
- Willingness to travel overseas as needed to support projects. Maximum of 25% travel time per calendar year is expected.
- Participate in core architecture investigation while working closely with Apple multi-functional partners. - Provide backlight design simulation, calculation and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome including control loop stability, transient responses, layout analysis and parasitic extractions. - Work on display backlight driver circuit design including schematic, BOM and PCB layout. - Use schematic capture, BOM generation and Spice based simulation tools. - Work closely with computer system HW team for backlight driver designs integration, simulations and system level validation. - Test/validate prototypes and publish results, document multi-dimensional activities. Hands-on work in lab. - Provide technical support and debug factory production issues. - Define next generation display backlight driver chip architecture. - Author display backlight driver custom chip specs, hardware specification, simulation test cases, characterization test plan, test Reports, etc.
Education & Experience
MSEE in power electronics with 6+ years experience. PhD preferred.