Camera & Photos - Computer Vision Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Memories and Portrait Mode which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on user-experience by utilizing computer vision and image processing through machine learning. Our team delivers products that ship to millions of people. We're looking for people who want to do the same. Our Camera Technologies Team delivers the camera and capture solutions across Apple’s innovative products. Our team is at the center of nearly all of Apple's new product development, including the iPhone, iPad, and OS X, and we are a key part of what makes Apple's products compelling.
- You have a strong technical background in computational photography and computer vision.
- You have 5-10 years of combined research and practical experience in developing imaging and vision algorithms.
- You have proven coding skills in Matlab, C, and C++.
- You're passionate about both research and development.
- You have a demonstrated ability to take initiative and solve problems in dynamic situations.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Camera Technologies team is responsible for core camera technologies, including motion/depth sensors and multiple-cameras related solutions. As a member of our team, you would help drive and deliver the core imaging and vision technologies that ship in Apple's products. Our team works with many diverse teams to develop cutting-edge software which continually improves and enhances our camera and photos solutions. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented scientist or engineer with a technical background in imaging and vision. In this role, you will collaborate with many other team members on designing, prototyping, developing, and integrating cutting-edge camera and vision technologies into our iPhones and iPads.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- One or more of the following would be a plus:
- - Familiarity with multiple-camera systems and 3D geometry.
- - Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning.
- - Multiple camera/sensor processing and fusion experience.
- - Familiarity with common development and debugging tools for embedded/mobile applications.