Head of Marketing, Apple News & Books
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products - they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Apple Media Products is seeking an exceptional senior marketing leader with a consistent record of leading world-class campaigns to join our growing team. You will hold overall responsibility for the marketing strategy and programs for Apple News and Books. You will lead and handle all marketing efforts in order to strengthen the brand, acquire customers, and achieve overall business results. As a seasoned and strategic leader, you have the ability to drive creative solutions. You are a data driven marketer with experience in driving awareness and performance, and are able to strike the perfect balance of both to grow a business. This role will report into the Head of Consumer Marketing, Apple Media Services.
- Minimum of 15 years of business experience in a senior-level marketing leadership role with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading advertising and promotional plans in a subscription driven businesses
- An excellent leader of people that is able to motivate, retain and develop forward-thinking and creative team members
- Great teammate with the ability to build and use our internal and external alliances, work creatively and cooperatively, and respond immediately to issues in a quick moving environment
- Professional experience in the publishing and media industry
- Creativity in advertising, problem solving, and story telling
- Fluency in current and emerging advertising techniques and marketing standard methodologies
- Deep understanding of marketing analytics and campaign optimization
- Dynamic and highly intuitive leader who quickly encourages confidence and credibility; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Possess an understanding of the interplay between brand and performance marketing and how to best leverage across channels
- Optimistic, resourceful and results oriented leader
- Persuasive presentation abilities
- Develop, define and execute an omnichannel marketing strategy that builds strong brand awareness, drives new customer acquisition and generates growth in revenue - Lead a team of marketers to develop strategy and campaigns - spanning content, acquisition, engagement, and retention - Drive the articulation of Apple News and Apple Books brand positioning through the end-to-end customer experience and consumer funnel - Lead and grow a rigorous and effective marketing function, delivering innovative and compelling marketing and advertising solutions that drive measurable results for the business - Work with business and marketing partners to drive the development of and manage the marketing budget - Establish a regular reporting cadence that merchandises marketing performance and drives a learning culture - Attract, develop and retain a hardworking marketing team
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Masters preferred.
- Occasional travel required.