WW Channel Development & Communications - Channel Strategy, Sales Tools, and Brand Advocacy Lead
Culver City, California, United States
Beats is looking for a motivated leader to support the Worldwide Beats Channel Development and Communications Department. Your chief responsibilities will revolve around defining and disseminating channel strategy, launching new strategic initiatives around carrier and club channels, creating and rolling out internal sales tools, and growing training and brand advocacy programs to support new products and increase the breadth and depth of Beats’s training efforts. You are high-energy, agile-minded, strategic, can-do, a clear communicator, highly organized and able to thrive in a fast-moving, complex environment.
- 8-10 years of experience, preferably in a project management or business administration role and/or within a CE or performance sales organization. Background in strategy, or consulting is a plus.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the sales strategy.
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills.
- Intelligent quick learner with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, consensus building skills, and action-oriented style.
- Independent and self-sufficient, able to excel within autonomy and ambiguity. You’re smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive. You’ve got an unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust.
- Experience working in a worldwide organization
- Experience managing a team of people with a wide variety of experience levels
- Strong Pages, Keynote Skills
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills with ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of information/data into action plans.
- Execution Focus: Your ability to focus on what matters and obsess down to the details will enable leadership to develop and implement global and regional strategies. You’ll translate big picture goals into day to day accountability for the business development organization and cross-functional stakeholders. You’ll develop and manage reporting frameworks for the staff that will drive consistency and efficiency. You’re consistent about setting clear objectives and measures, and you’re diligent about monitoring progress, process and results. You’ll want to see it all, so that you can assess what’s been accomplished and what needs to be done.
- Organizational Agility: You’re already knowledgeable about how sales organizations work, but you’ll become expert in getting things done here both through formal channels and the informal network of cross-functional peers. You’ll collaborate with finance, marketing, product, and operations, bringing these groups together to ensure successful initiatives, like new product or new market launches. You’re supremely organized and will keep track of any internal dependencies, project schedules and deliverables.
- Talent Optimization: You’ll make sure that the business development team is set up for success by ensuring effective use of individuals' skill and knowledge sets for each project. At the same time you will monitor individual team members utilization and follow up on their action items, working with department lead to address any misalignment.
- Story Telling: You’ll craft tactical strategies and analytics developed by the team into cohesive sellable strategies for consumption by the global sales teams and customers. Your knowledge of how to piece together end to end arguments makes you an effective communicator, and you understand the impact and importance of the written word, to the visual presentation to the flow of thought.
- Process Improvements: You’ll define and refine the way the strategy team develops support for internal/external customers and feedback back into the organization for the greatest impact. You’ll proactively identify gaps and issues across the organization and recommend solutions/programs to address them.
Planning and executing a successful channel strategy requires a leader to not only focus on deliverables, but to rally the organization together cross-functionally as well. In this role, the candidate will ensure that the organization focuses on the most impactful activities and operates in the most efficient way. Managing priorities, measuring success ,and overseeing operational aspects of the team will be of the utmost importance. The candidate will be responsible for developing recommendations and creating solutions to complex, ambiguous and high visibility business issues, with the goal of driving significant business growth. The candidate will be responsible for defining channel strategy for new product introductions (NPI), and communicating that plan on a global scale. He or She will set strategy for how the products are sold-in to customers in order to best amplify the beats brand, showcase product lineup, and identify synergies with strategic resellers. Additionally, focus on fostering the growth of strategic channels like carrier are instrumental to growing the overall footprint of the Beats business. Attachment sales, the 1 on 1 time from the sales staff with customers, and the ability to offer financing are all ways in which this channel differs significantly from other channels, and why it needs dedicated focus with a dedicated strategy. Focusing on the improvement of the business cadence (strategic planning, budgeting, business reviews), setting and improving processes, monitoring execution and driving accountability and visibility of progress against goals and objectives are all within this scope. A large part of this can be accomplished by creating and/or leveraging existing sales tools. The candidate will be responsible for creating sales tools that can be leveraged across the globe, and for leveraging existing tools in the larger Apple organization. The candidate will also be responsible for generating executive level presentations to internal promote these strategies. The ideal candidate will oversee a variety of existing training and brand advocacy programs to support new product introductions and gain mindshare of retail staff. This includes the creation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of Beats’s own programs, while also building relationships to get Beats curriculum inserted into Apple-run programs. The candidate will be expected to work in field regularly to get real time and hands-on feedback, ideas, etc.
Education & Experience
BA/BS in Marketing, Business Administration, Analytics or related field. MBA or advanced graduate degree preferred.