Sr. Engineer, Data Platform, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Are you a techie with a passion for improving product quality? If so, we’d like to talk to you! At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily and beautifully access amazing content on their iPhone and iPad by helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in the App Store. Our platforms are deployed at scale and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while vigilantly protecting user privacy. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing an automation strategy to qualify big data and machine-learning pipelines. We are looking for an engineer who can think out of the box and work in a fast paced, competitive environment.
- 10+ years experience in software development or Quality Engineering
- Experience with testing platform built on top of Hadoop, Oracle, Cassandra, Hive, Kafka messaging is ideal
- Experience in testing platform and component resiliency using Failure Mode Effect analysis is required
- Experience in job scheduling using Oozie, Tidal or Quartz, stream processing with spark framework is a plus
- High expertise in building test frameworks along with functional testing and end to end automation skills using Java/Python
- Experience in working with maven, Gradle with scripting knowledge.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Experience in creating detailed Test Strategy for functional / system resiliency testing, as well as business use-cases is desirable
- Experience with Github, defect management and continuous automation is ideal
- CI/CD Jenkin integration experience
- Experience working with remote teams and mentoring junior engineers
As a key contributor to this team, you will build and maintain Automation Frameworks in addition to developing tools to aid Continuous Integration/Delivery. You will work efficiently with cross-functional teams, understand product requirements, design test strategy and dive deep to understand and test machine-learning algorithms and pipelines. You are expected to build the product expertise needed to help debug production issues and integrate with monitoring infrastructures.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or another closely related field.