Senior Audio Visual Design Engineer - AST
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We live a fast-paced world where collaboration technologies need to be not only robust but easy to use from an end user perspective. We rely on these technologies every day at Apple to work with our cross-functional teams on various projects. Apple is meeting the needs of their employees by continually evaluating these collaboration technologies both from a technology standpoint but also the way in which they get deployed. The success Apple is striving toward will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If this sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that is developing excellence, creativity and innovation as we enable the design of the next generation of revolutionary Apple products. Are you a Senior AV Design Engineer who’s passionate about creating excellent experiences? Would you like to become a key member of a team using your ability to pursue technical problems. The IS&T Voice and Video Service team wants you to be a key contributor to our solutions. You should have a real passion for audio visual solutions, be service minded and possess strong analytical and social skills. As an Audio Visual Design Engineer, you’ll play a key role in implementing some of the most challenging and innovative AV solutions within Apple.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities.
- AV Design / Engineer with at least 5 years experience in commercial Audio Visual.
- At least 3 years designing or engineering the following types of systems: Conference rooms and boardrooms, Network Operation Centers, Huddle Rooms, Auditoriums, Video Walls and Digital signage Systems
- Experience with new construction projects
- Experience with AV installation to properly estimate labor and programming times
- Experience with authoring and reading wiring diagrams. Using CAD software is a plus
- Willingness to follow OR lead
- Willingness to learn AND improve skills
- Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, and operation of AV equipment
- Review and interpret architecture diagrams to ensure power and cabling requirements have been adequately planned for.
- Good organizational, time management, and service delivery skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast paced work environment.
- Willingness to Travel if required.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Experience working with offshore teams and remote support teams is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment, as well as, independently.
- Taking proactive steps to ensure that the user experience in Apple’s conference rooms are at the highest level - Enthusiastically teaching our internal users how to best interact with and utilize Apple’s A/V systems, providing guidance and support as needed via face to face interaction, chat, email, and telephone - Liaising with our IT Support, IT Facilities, and Networking teams in order to ensure that the A/V systems are flawlessly implemented in current and new offices - Researching new and innovative solutions to the technical challenges that arise; managing the resulting projects - Extensive knowledge of Crestron and Extron audio visual and control solutions. - Consistent track record of designing, implementing and supporting a fully integrated AV systems - Experience with DSP platforms (Q-sys, BiAmp, Extron, etc..) both from a design aspect as well as a deployment and support aspect. - In-depth knowledge of Networking and IT protocols and ability to identify issues that may arise due to network configs. - In-depth knowledge of Cisco’s VTC offerings both from a design aspect as well as a deployment and support aspect. - Capable of designing and leading the implementation of large-scale projects (i.e. new Building Deployments,) employing sound industry approved methodologies. - Independent ability to research technical problems and solutions - Experience with Apple products (MacOS, IOS)
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in computer science or information management with 5+ years relevant experience, or equivalent experience.