SAP Engineering Project Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you passionate about solving complex business challenges with process engineering and technology? Do you thrive in environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation? Do you have experience in the entertainment industry with systems used to lead production and/or post-production? If so, this may be the job for you. Apple's SAP Global Systems organization within IS&T has an opening for a SAP solutions lead to participate in and drive initiatives supporting Logistics Execution and Supply Chain business areas. Apple’s IS&T manages key business and technical infrastructure at Apple -- how online orders are placed, the customer experience with technology in our retail stores, how much network capacity we need around the world and much more. The SAP Global Systems team within IS&T runs the Operations and Financial transactional platform that powers all of Apple functions like Sales, Manufacturing, Distribution and Financials. You should have in-depth knowledge of SAP Logistics Execution modules, awareness of end-to-end Logistics and Supply Chain processes and need to be familiar with SAP extensibility framework to customize standard capabilities. Ideally you are familiar with emerging SAP technologies in space of IoT, Big Data and Cloud concepts and related domain and have gained hands-on experience during prior project implementations. As the SAP techno-functional lead you will work closely with our business teams to understand their specific needs, map these to standard SAP capabilities and then design and implement scalable and high performing custom extensions.
- - Minimum 7-9 years’ experience with SAP Logistics and 3-5 years in leading SAP projects in related areas
- - Subject matter expertise and consistent track record in designing and deploying solutions in SAP Logistics Execution space
- - SAP certified in Innovative logistics processes in S/4 HANA Enterprise management
- - Excellent communication skills, pro-active in approach and ability to learn new technologies
- - We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities
- - You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver elite products in an exciting fast-paced environment
- - Dynamic, intelligent and inspiring people, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
- Support business teams with requirements gathering, sizing the level of effort and then lead the project till go-live - Lead design presentation sessions with cross-functional IS&T and business audience - Manage a team of SAP analysts that work under your guidance on projects in your portfolio - Participate in project execution following Apple SAP’s project life cycle methodology including design, test and go live activities - Prioritize own work and as appropriate lead project tracks - Propose conceptual and detailed designs to support the business needs, produce functional and technical specifications Designs of critical functions in the Supply Chain execution at Apple need to take into consideration the highest volumes and most stringent performance criteria (‘the how’). This is only possible if you have acquired a working knowledge of the SAP system architecture and the various components: - Able to create and review detailed functional & technical documents for new or enhancements to various type of SAP R/3 system components consisting but not limited to: Database, Reports, Function modules, Transactions, Interfaces, Output processing, TDM Batch-job processing. - Familiarity and working knowledge in SAP R/3 system concepts: Condition Technique, Single / Multi-threading process and Interface designs, Wrapper concepts, Archiving, Workflow Design and Processing, Events, Authorization Concept & Objects. - Ability to design and contribute to the development of custom SAP database enhancements (relational database design, database sizing, database indexing). - Able to read / interpret and debug SAP ABAP/4 programming language - Understanding of B2B integration framework to connect SAP with the supply chain partners, develop technical specifications and partner system design in order to implement end-to-end solutions across extended enterprise. And more concrete: Able to define and enhance system interfaces of various types (ALE, sFTP, IDOC, EDI, XML, RFC). - Knowledge of workflow and process orchestration engines such as SAP BRF+, SAP Process Orchestration - Build knowledge in new technologies like SAP Leonardo AND FINALLY: - Stay curious and keep up to date with company and industry trends
Education & Experience
MS/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent