Data Engineer, Apple Pay Security
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you have a passion for Security technologies? Do you love significant challenges? Join the team that provides software security technologies to help users protect their accounts. Our vision is to transform your smartphone into a device that secures your digital life without sacrificing your privacy. We are seeking a talented engineer who will develop libraries and platforms to empower data scientists to rapidly build and deploy robust models in production. You will also craft robust and scalable software. The role requires handling multiple assignments, communicating across functional areas, and driving projects to completion. We need you to show initiative and be able to take ownership of a problem area to find workable solutions.
- Strong software design and development skills
- Excellent analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Experience with Scala or Java
- Experience building scalable, distributed data-intensive applications with modern data tools. Knowledge of Hive, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka is a plus
- Experience building data pipelines is a plus
- Highly motivated and organized, with the ability to accept ambiguity and deliver exceptional results on tight schedules
- Knowledge of SQL and/or NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience with security and cryptography is a plus
We are looking for an expert data engineer who will work on our data science libraries and platforms to support new products. You will work hand in hand with data scientists, security engineers, program managers and business partners to identify problems, define scalable solutions, execute plans and results on a regular basis.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Math, Computer Science or equivalent industry experience