Engineering Project Manager, Health Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Health Technologies Team conceives and proves out exciting new technologies for Apple’s future products and features. We are seeking an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to lead development efforts for health technology related projects.
- 5+ years of project management experience working on technology and product development projects
- Strong track record of on-time project delivery and managing entire project life cycle
- Demonstrated capability to cut through ambiguity and deliver results
- Ability to approach problems flexibly
- Proven ability to develop relationships and influence stakeholders
- Ability to apply critical thinking to all aspects of the project
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including presenting project status to executives on a regular basis
- Track record of quickly identifying project risk areas and knowing what and when to escalate to management
EPMs are responsible for managing and communicating project definition, user experience, development milestones, project schedules, and project status in the development of new technologies and products. An EPM must be able to prioritize issues and track the details as well as be in touch with the big picture. EPMs must be fearless organizers who can work with the cross-functional teams to identify dependencies and resolve potential risks to the schedule and risks to the quality of the product. EPMs need to have a strong understanding of engineering feasibility, technology and product development lifecycles - from feature definition to data gathering and feasibility to product launch. The EPM is also the key interface to suppliers, driving prototype build readiness at the factory and managing the build itself. Success is defined in terms of timeliness of cutting through ambiguity and delivering a cohesive project schedule, continuously driving the team to resolve issues and focus on the critical path. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to changes. Cross-functional communication skills and experience are essential.
Education & Experience
B.S. SW/CSEE/BME/EE/ME degree or equivalent.
- Ideal experience:
- 5+ years in consumer products and/or other product development with previous experience in health related products preferred but not required
- May travel, up to 15%.