Engineering Project Specialist (EPS), Technology Development Group
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you have a passion for new technology development? Are you a highly motivated, detail-oriented person with an interest in project management? This position is offered in Apple's Technology Development Group EPS team. We are responsible for leading hardware engineering development from product concept to mass production. We are looking for a talented EPS to support the team on developing exciting new products in a completely new technology space.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross- functional team environment
- Previous experience structuring BOMs
- Experience with PLM tools, Agile experience preferred but not required
- Experience working with overseas vendors
- Meticulous attention to detail and flexible with the ability to react to changes in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Able and willing to travel internationally
What will you do in this role? As PD EPS, you will manage logistics for the Product Design team to purchase materials and tooling for engineering development builds, working closely to support the product design engineers and product design engineering program managers (PD EPMs). You will be responsible for: • Issuing POs, tracking goods receipts and processing invoices for orders • Creating and structuring bill of materials (BOMs) during engineering development • Manage the logistics of ordering and tracking parts for early prototyping and engineering builds • Manage communication with vendors and CM partners closely to ensure parts arrive on time, trouble-shooting any issues that may arise to prevent delays • Travel internationally to support engineering builds If this sound like you, we would love to hear from you and explore how we can have you be part of our team. Apple is an equal opportunity employer
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree, or 3+ years of industry experience.