Cellular RF System mmWave Architect
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. We have built the best Wireless Hardware Design team on the planet. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. You will be a key member of Apple's wireless team, driving cellular wireless standards innovation for our next generation wireless products used by millions. You will drive cellular wireless standards innovation for our next generation wireless products. Are you ready to do you life's best work?
- You will have 7+ years of relevant experience in RF including direct expertise in transmitter and receiver mmWave architectures.
- In-depth knowledge of cellular radio standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5GNR), regulatory, and carrier requirements including their implications on overall radio architectures and RF system design.
- Experience in RF performance criteria and concepts such as EIRP, TRP, TIS, noise figure, sensitivity/desense, phase noise, EVM, spectral mask, spurious, harmonics, intermodulation, s-parameters, Smith charts, and tuning networks.
- Strong understanding of antenna array theory and associated measurement methods.
- Strong technical writing skills
- You demonstrate strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
This role is part of a forward-looking Cellular RF Architecture team. As a Cellular RF System mmWave Architect, you will drive Cellular Radio technologies addressing GSM, UMTS, LTE, 5G NR, and beyond. You will work closely with Platform Architecture, RF design teams, and suppliers to assess, scope, and ultimately drive mmWave RF technology innovation to meet the challenges of next generation wireless products. Occasional travel including international may be required.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required for this role. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.