Audio Authoring Prototyping Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Our team is looking for an Audio Experience and Prototyping Engineer to help prototype and define new audio UI/UX paradigms. You will work closely with the acoustic design, audio software, product design, experience prototyping, and other teams to guide the future of Apple’s audio technology, experience and authoring workflows. You will have a background in spatial audio experience design (binaural headphone rendering, HOA, VBAP), along with developing innovative audio tools and authoring experiences. Responsibilities include • Design and prototype human machine interfaces for content creators to integrate audio into AR experiences and applications • Collaborating with Apple design teams on new audio technology explorations • Designing and building tools for mixing sound for interactive experiences • Writing iOS / macOS applications & frameworks to support technology demonstrations.
- Strong understanding of audio/acoustics
- Experience working with ARKit/SceneKit, or 3rd party 3D engines such as Unity3D, Unreal Engine, or other game engines
- You have excellent communication skills and experience with executive presentations
- It is strongly preferred that you have experience in sound design for games or art installations
- Writing apps using AVAudioEngine / CoreAudio / SceneKit / ARKit; Swift / Objective-C / C++
- Running DAW software such as Logic, ProTools, REAPER, etc.
- Scripting languages such as Python and MATLAB
Apple’s Technology Development Group is a special projects group within Apple charged with research and development of new product categories and core technologies. We are a diverse fast-paced audio team within the Technology Development Group that is charged with researching, designing, and developing next- generation audio technology.
Education & Experience
BS, MS or PhD - Computer Science, Electrical Engineering