Sr. Program Manager – Global Tax Business Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The Internet Software & Services team at Apple is a dynamic organization. We provide our customers around the world with access to an incredible collection of content and experiences across music, movies, apps, books, iCloud, and much more. We are seeking for an authoritative Senior Program Manager to lead and drive the research, analysis and execution of complex compliance and global expansion initiatives. The individual must be self-driven and has deep understanding and experience in finance, tax, business operations and system design solutions. Given the extremely cross functional nature of the role, it is a must to have comprehensive knowledge of how projects intersect with business, product, engineering, marketing, finance, government affairs and legal. Working alongside with various team, this role is center to ultimately establishing the strategic direction along with defining the innovate and executable options to achieve business objectives.
- Broad experience in business operations, program management, finance, tax, legal and sound foundation in overall implementation, system design and architectures.
- Background in navigating various regulatory requirements.
- Strong relationship and facilitation skills both external and internal cross functional organizations.
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams on regulatory and business impacts, and technical feasibility.
- Accountability for investigation timelines and all program deliverables.
- Oversee risk management, government affairs, legal, tax, finance and operations to effectively manage risks; actively identify possible risks and communicate them swiftly and effectively.
- Able to seamlessly switch between working independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Great analytical skills and intuition, capable of making decisions based on analysis results and experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization while maintaining ability to talk in clear and compelling terms about strategic plans.
- Must be highly organized, be able to deal with ambiguity, show attention to detail.
- Ability to react, to reset and replan in a time sensitive environment.
- Determine key business, operational and technical needs.
Provides exceptional thought leadership and strategic and operational guidance to drive research for complex business and/or compliance solutions. Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, Marketing, Legal, Tax, Finance and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop innovative solutions that will ensure compliant while maximizing operational position in a certain country and/or product offerings. Define all aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope, and definition. Facilitate multi-team tasks to achieve on-time, high quality results by utilizing structured, disciplined, and strong technical background to prioritize, problem solve, provide timely analysis and informed recommendations on solutions. Manage and lead cross-functional teams to ensure timely deliverables and accountability. Demonstrates effective use of emotional intelligence to best partner with the various stakeholders for outcomes which are mutually beneficial, balancing competing priorities within a matrix organization.
Education & Experience
BA or BS or above. A degree with an emphasis on accounting, finance, tax, engineering or a related field preferred; 10+ years of consulting experience in Big 4 or at a multinational corporation highly desirable