Software Development Manager, Platform Engineering
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Interested in solving for next generation CRM challenges, where one of the largest CRM Platforms meets multi-cloud globally in a high performant large scale environment? Transform how Apple interacts with millions of customers worldwide to deliver the best experience. As a Software Development Manager, here’s an opportunity to work with a core platform engineering team that is working on very innovative ways to take on multi-cloud environments with big data. You will build new platform solutions that leverage a myriad of technologies and tools to achieve global availability of applications and services.
- Experience managing an engineering team on large-scale projects with experience in design and code reviews
- Strong design & development experience building high performant web services
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies
- Multithreaded, event-driven & functional programming
- Ability to design, develop and deploy large scale applications
- Be able to drive a project from a simple idea to an implementation
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, Python, Go
- Strong communication skills to work well with multi-functional engineering teams
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a fast paced work environment.
- Loves fast paced environment and learning new technologies
- Passion for Computer science and software engineering design
- Deeply concerned about excellence and perfection in products and services
You will work with core platform team to develop highly scalable, and distributed platform services for Apple’s CRM Suite of products. We are looking for a self starting, ambitious individual with excellent written and oral skills and a track record of delivering large scale solutions. This is primarily a hands-on software development manager role. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Lead a team of software/systems engineers and be directly responsible for platform services design and implementation globally. - Developing core platform apps that use distributed technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Kubernetes, Solr, Kafka, NoSQL DB - Leading development on all components, from services to user interfaces - Providing architectural guidance on transitioning prototypes to high-performance production applications. - Work with the SMEs on both ML Applications and product teams to incorporate machine learning models into applications - Providing feedback on tools and new features needed back to platform development teams - You will be responsible for architecture, design, development, and deployment of custom Java and software package based solutions using Relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle and or Mongo). The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Education & Experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in software development.