Software Engineer, Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every single day to build products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and visionary content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Our technology and services power advertising in Apple News and Search Ads in App Store. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy.
- Proficient in Java and Python.
- Expertise in object oriented software development with a deep understanding of scalable distributed systems like Cassandra, Solr, Kafka, spark and/or Hadoop.
- Experience building and scaling systems both on premise and the cloud. Experience architecting for a hybrid cloud environment is highly desired.
- Strong technical leadership skill, proven experience architecting, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed and critical services.
- Experience working on complex problems and systems where scalability and performance are very important (every millisecond counts).
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced and challenging work environment.
- Prior experience in advertising industry is a huge plus.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL: Design and develop secure and scalable back-end systems that deliver key business data to ad servers and big data pipelines. Build and maintain interfaces used by both internal systems and thousands of developers and advertisers worldwide. Possess keen judgement in selecting technologies and building the right solution for the interesting challenges we get to tackle here. Possess excellent design instincts, be self motivated and enjoy working cross-functionally. Enjoy high-performing, elegant systems from the ground up, in close partnerships with various teams around you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.